ScratchJr is an introductory programming language that enables young children to create their own interactive stories and games.It uses the same concepts as Scratch to learn programming. The interface and programming language were redesigned to make them developmentally appropriate for younger children. By snapping together graphical programming blocks you can make characters move, jump, dance, and sing. Therefore children learn to think like programmers, without being concerned with the programming language and associated syntax.
ScratchJr is available as a free app for both iPad and Android tablets
● Understand the basic concepts of computational thinking and programming
● Be familiar with the ScratchJr interface
● Integrate ScratchJr into their own projects
● Define learning tasks to students
● know where to find more information and examples on scratch jr
● Find resources online through the taccle 3 website